Hawaiʻi Gas ("Company" or "We") respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy does not apply to information we collect through any other means, or to information collected on any third-party site that may link to or be accessible from the Website.
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, please do not register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website or send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number or e-mail address. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at the address under Contact Information located at the end of this Policy.
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including:
• Information you provide to us.
• Information we collect as you navigate through the site, including usage details, IP addresses, and cookies.
We may collect and use the following information that you provide to us:
• Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of creating an online account or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Website.
• Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
• Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
• Usage Details and IP Addresses. As you navigate through the Website, we may also collect details of your visits to our Website, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access, as well as information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration.
• Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
• Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
• Speed up your searches.
• Recognize you when you return to our Website.
We do not collect personally identifiable information automatically, but we may tie this information to your previously submitted personally identifiable information.
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, in the following ways:
• To present our Website and its contents in a suitable and effective manner for you and for your computer.
• To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
• To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
• To notify you about changes to our service.
We may disclose personal information that you provide via this Website to the following third parties:
• In the event of merger, acquisition, or any form of sale of some or all of Hawaiʻi Gas' assets, in which case personal information held by Hawaiʻi Gas about its customers will be among the assets transferred to the buying entity.
• We may also disclose your personal information to third parties to:
• Comply with any court order or other legal obligation.
• Protect the rights, property, or safety of Hawaiʻi Gas, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
You may write us at contact us at the address under Contact Information, located at the end of this Policy, to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls.
RDP/FTP access to the server hosting the site is locked down by IP address and is only accessible to originating IP addresses that are permitted.
RDP/FTP access to server user credentials comply with strong password best practice guidelines:
• At least seven characters long
• Contains at least one uppercase letter
• Contains at least one lowercase letter
• Contains at least one number
• Contains at least one special symbol
CMS user credentials comply with strong password best practices as detailed above.
All publicly accessible forms on the site that accept user input are protected from SQL injection and cross-site scripting attempts.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk.
The Gas Company, LLC dba Hawaiʻi Gas,
C/o Information Services,
P.O. Box 3000,
Honolulu, HI 96802-3000.